Bob’s Pool Builders services residential swimming pools in Milwaukee, Waukesha, Racine, Kenosha, and other Southeast Wisconsin counties. When your swimming pool is properly maintained throughout the winter months, it can be prepared for the summer swimming season with less time and effort. If you are a new customer interested in our opening or closing services, please call us.
Bob’s Pool Builders will begin emailing opening forms out the week of March 8th.
Opening your pool in the spring is a relatively straightforward process. We typically begin opening pools in April to start and evaluate equipment, remove winter covers, add opening chemicals, and install railings, ladders, and other accessories.
- The proper start-up chemicals will be added to your swimming pool (shock, algaecide, and metal remover).
- Please be aware that when we open pools we do everything possible to remove as many leaves and debris as we can. Then we scrub the walls and steps then we vacuum the pool. During the process of vacuuming, we are stirring up the water and debris. It is almost impossible to get all of the debris that is floating in the water. This debris then settles to the bottom of the pool over a couple hours. We recommended that you run your robot after the opening to finish vacuuming the sediment that settles at the bottom of the pool.
- The water in your swimming pool will be tested. Bob’s Pool Builders will make chemical corrections to pH and alkalinity in the event they are severely low.
- Please remember to test your water 24 hours after the opening of your pool and adjust your chemicals.
- Continue to run the circulation system 24 hours a day and continuously check the pump and skimmer baskets to remove left over winter debris.
- We recommend not running the Polaris if the water in your swimming pool is very cloudy or green. Allow chemicals and filtration to settle debris to the bottom of your swimming pool, then manually vacuum the waste if possible.
- Keep the chlorine levels higher than normal for the first week to help clear and sanitize the water in your swimming pool. We recommend 3-5 ppm of chlorine. In order to keep this high reading, you may have to shock the pool or adjust the dial on the back of the chlorinator to a higher setting. After one week, you may resume your normal chlorine levels.
- Solar blankets should remain off until the water is clear and chemically balanced in your swimming pool.
- We will turn your heater off after test firing it. It is up to the customer to turn it on when you are ready to use your pool.
- Swimming pool handrails and ladders
- Swimming pool safety cover storage bag
- Automatic swimming pool cleaner (the pool cleaner hose should be extended in a straight line to remove curl memory)
- Swimming pool skimmer and pump baskets
- Chlorine tablets and other chemicals
- Garden hose
Bob’s Pool Builders will begin emailing closing forms out the week of August 30th.
Properly closing your swimming pool is very important. Improperly closing your swimming pool can make the re-opening process in the spring more costly and much more difficult. When summer is over and you’re getting ready to close your pool for the winter, we are here to help.
- Bob’s Pool Builders’ winterizing kit includes 3 Bags Shock, 1 Qt. Algaecide, and 1 Qt. Stain and Scale (for larger amounts, an additional charge is required).
- Swimming pool cleaners are the owner’s responsibility.
- We will not be removing your swimming pool light or diving board.
- Remember: Chlorine tablets are very corrosive, never store them near your swimming pool equipment.
- Winterizing spas and water features are billed by the hour.
- Large or custom pools, pools requiring additional time, or pools outside our normal geographical area may accrue additional charges not indicated on the closing reservation.
- Garden hose
- Swimming pool safety cover
- Please make sure your swimming pool is chemically balanced (pH and ALKALINITY) and clean before we arrive for your pool closing (additional charges may be applied if your swimming pool is not cleaned before).
- Have the chlorinator empty and remove the pool thermometer from your swimming pool.
- Please have your swimming pool solar cover OFF of your swimming pool.